Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What this Journal is about (note to myself)


Journal Responses:
You will keep a journal for the next sixteen weeks, in which you respond thoughtfully to online or print media articles, videos or podcasts. Each response must contain five complete sentences, one of these sentences must contain a legitimate thesis. I will check journals every five weeks during the semester. You are responsible for completing FOUR journal responses per week.

You may create a blog and do your journal writing there. The same criteria apply, but you must inform me early in the semester of your intention to begin a blog and give me the URL no later than the end of the fourth meeting of our class.

            Approved Sources:
   TED Talks  http://www.ted.com/talks
   Huffington Post  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
   ChannelOne http://www.channelone.com/
   New York Times http://www.nytimes.com/
   Reddit http://www.reddit.com/
   National Geographic http://www.nationalgeographic.com/
   Fast Company http://www.fastcompany.com/
   99U http://99u.com/
            
            Hints/Starters for Responses:
   “In [Name of Article], sourced from [Name of Website] on [Date], [Author of Article]  argues that [Main Idea of Article]. I agree/disagree because [________]. Specifically, [__________]. Also, [__________], as evidenced in [__________].  Also, [__________]. Though some could argue [_________], I maintain [___________].”

   “What I find interesting about [Author of Article]’s article, [Name of Article], sourced from [Name of Website] on [Date] is [________]. As evidenced in [____________] and [__________], [_____________].

No comments:

Post a Comment